Why did it take so long for the police to come when I called 9-1-1?
All calls for police service are assigned by dispatch by priority based upon the seriousness of the incident and the potential for injury or damage to property. At times, calls determined to be of a less serious nature must be delayed so we can respond immediately to emergency situations.

Why am I asked so many questions when I call 9-1-1?
Dispatchers are trained to try to get as much information as possible to best determine the nature of the problem and its seriousness. When you make an emergency call, the dispatcher has already sent the information to the officer who is on the way while asking additional questions of you.

How do I apply for a Police Officer, Community Service Aid or other position in the Hallandale Beach Police Department?
If you are interested in becoming a police officer or any other position in our city, please check Current Job Openings at our link: http://hallandalebeachfl.gov/index.aspx?NID=65

What can I do about speeding vehicles on my street?
By the time you call us the vehicle will probably be gone, however, if the speeding vehicle continually returns, call our non-emergency number (954) 764 - 4357 (HELP) and a police unit will be dispatched. If the speeding problem is one of an ongoing nature, call Major Mike Martinez, Uniformed Patrol Division Commander, at (954) 457-1400 and a decision will be made about the best way to remedy the situation.

Will the police watch my house while I`m on vacation?
Yes, if you are a resident of Hallandale Beach, just call (954) 457-1400 and tell the call-taker your address and they will prepare an “Extra Watch Notice” to be given to the patrol officers that patrol your neighborhood. Be prepared to tell the supervisor who will have your keys and/or who to contact in case of an emergency. You may also fill out the request and bring it to our department. There is a copy of the form in the Document Center in the Police Department folder titled: Residential Security Check Request

Who should I call to report misconduct by a police officer or police employee?
The Hallandale Beach Police Department maintains a full-time Internal Affairs Unit. The Unit is made up of detectives who are assigned to investigate misconduct complaints made against police officers or Police Department employees. In addition, you may also call the individual division supervisor to file your complaint. Your call will be held in the strictest of confidence. Here are the numbers to call: Internal Affairs: (954) 457-1416 Office of the Chief: (954) 457-1411 Administrative Operations: (954) 457-1434 Uniformed Patrol Sgts: (954) 457-1445 Investigat.Services Sgt: (954) 457-1434 Community Partnerships: (954) 457-1494

Can the police open my car if I locked the keys inside?
No. Because of the potential for damage to vehicles, the police Department does not open locked vehicles. You should call a locksmith. If a child is locked in a vehicle, the Fire Department will send a rescue unit to remove the child, possibly by breaking a window.

Does Hallandale Beach Police Department take fingerprints for the public?
Yes, we will take fingerprints from 8 am to 4 pm Monday through Friday. You must bring your own fingerprint card, a photo I.D., proof of your residence, and we accept cash only. The cost is $10.00 per card for Hallandale Beach residents and $20.00 per card for non-residents. For any type of juvenile fingerprinting, you must bring a birth certification and a picture ID and be accompanied by a parent with ID.

Does the Police Department provide Notary services?
Yes, we do provide Notary service Monday through Friday, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. The cost is $5.00 per each document. If you bring your document already signed prior to it being notarized, it will be rejected. All documents must be signed in front of a notary.

Back To FAQ List

Request in process, please wait...